• Resource Facilitation Services & Resources

    At Daybreak, we believe in providing our clients and our community the best resource facilitation services available. That includes information about our organization as well as the agencies and organizations with whom we partner.

    As the needs of our clients and our community are always evolving, we continually look for new ways to meet them. We hope you will check back often to find out more about the different service lines we offer, new partnerships and additional resources for you, your family or your organization.


  • How do you diagnose a mental illness?

    Daybreak does not diagnose mental illnesses; we provide case management services to adults who have been diagnosed as having a mental illness by a mental health professional. These diagnoses are made using DSM-V standards, and clients must be eligible for outpatient mental health services. Additional information about the clients we serve may be found in our Orientation Guide.

  • What is mental health case management?

    Case management begins by developing a plan of recovery with each of the clients we work with. We do not develop it for our clients—they play an active role in the process in collaboration with their case manager. The case manager then locates the services specifically needed by that client to maximize the opportunity for recovery.

  • Who pays for Daybreak’s mental health case management services?

    Most often, Daybreak receives payment for our services through the State of Alaska Medicaid system. We also work with clients who are able to self-pay, using a sliding fee scale.

  • What does “consumer choice” mean in terms of case management services?

    Our clients, or consumers, have the right to choose providers with whom they work. That includes whether or not they work with Daybreak for their case management services, or with other professionals such as physicians, therapists or other service providers. We advocate for this right among our clients, as we believe it is their right to make choices in their own care and case management.

  • How long do most people need mental health case management?

    Every person is different and requires a different level—and length—of care. Some of the adults we work with are able to transition out of case management in a relatively short time frame. Others may need to receive case management assistance most of their adult life.

  • Do your case managers really go out with the clients, or do clients usually just come to Daybreak’s offices?

    Our style of case management is somewhat unusual, in that we place a high priority on helping our clients engage in the community around them. We recognize that for those with mental illness, going to the bank, remembering appointments or shopping in a store can be overwhelming. Our case managers are there to support them as they learn to navigate what others may consider normal parts of life. While occasionally clients come to our office, it is extremely common to see members of our team out and about in Palmer as well as the other communities throughout the Mat-Su Valley in which our clients live.

  • I see the CARF accreditation on your website. What does that mean?

    This accreditation gives consumers the confidence of knowing that they are receiving services from an organization committed to quality and excellence. CARF accreditation requires a complete examination of a provider’s business practices and the programs it offers to validate they meet required and very rigorous standards. Each year we must also submit reports documenting the improvements we continue to make. For more information about CARF accreditation, click here.

  • Do you provide case management services for anyone with a TABI?

    Although many TABI patients experience depression or some form of PTSD after their injury, we only work with those who have a mental illness diagnosed using DSM-V standards. These adults must also meet the criteria to allow them to receive outpatient mental health services. This link between the brain injury and mental illness is an important consideration in our ability to provide case management services for these men and women.

  • What are the criteria for receiving case management services at Daybreak?

    • Age (the person must be 21 years old or older)
    • Have been diagnosed with a serios mental illness (some examples are schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, major depression, PTSD) that has resulted iin a functional impairment which substantially interferes with or limits one or more life activities including:
      • accessing and connecting to behavioral health providers
      • obtaining/sustaining housing
      • accessing relivant community resources to meet recovery goals
      • obtaining food, clothing, social supports
    • The person must live in the Matanuska Susitna Borough or the city of Anchorage
    • Have Medicaid, self-pay, Coordinated Resources Project (CRP) participant

  • I see Daybreak is involved with the Valley Reentry Partnership; does the program let people out of jail early?

    We understand that many in the Mat-Su region may be concerned about having those who were incarcerated return to the area. In most cases, however, the individuals who are coming to the area already have friends, family and/or other connections here. Without the Valley Reentry Partnership Program, many will quickly return to their former lifestyles, which may include criminal behaviors, drug and alcohol use, unemployment and homelessness. By interrupting that cycle and providing these adults information about options available to them, the goal is actually reduce the risk—and cost—to other Alaskans.

  • Where are your office(s) located?

    We are located at 550 South Alaska Street, Suite 202 in Palmer and 130 West International Airport Road Suite C in Anchorage. We are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding some holidays.

TABI Peer Support Group(s)

Daybreak offers Peer Support Groups in both Anchorage and the Mat-Su. Learn more about resources in your community, make new connections and share your story. If you are interested in learning more about the TABI Peer Support group in your area, please contact Guylene Derry by calling 907-390-0981.

Orientation Guide

We recognize that beginning a mental health case management relationship with a provider like Daybreak can be a big step in obtaining needed services. This orientation guide has been designed to answer questions, provide information and assure clear communication between Daybreak and our clients. Whether receiving services for yourself or seeking them for a friend, family member or patient, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the materials it provides.



It takes partners working together to provide the highest levels of mental health case management to adults throughout the Mat-Su Valley. It is our privilege and pleasure to work with other organizations who are equally as focused to high quality care and service.

Daybreak is a member of the Mat-Su Behavioral Health integration team. Other agencies we collaborate with in providing case management include:

Mat-Su Health Services

Alaska Family Services

Providence Behavioral Health Services

Set Free Alaska

Basic Housing Assistance Program  (BHAP) Daybreak also partners with other agencies within the Mat-Su Valley to operate the BHAP grant. This program helps to prevent homelessness by providing assistance with rent, utility arrearage and other needs. Other participating organizations include:

Valley Charities

Family Promise

Access Alaska


Salvation Army

Alaska Family Services

My House

To discuss receiving assistance with eviction notices, first month’s rent or utility shut off notices, phone Lynne at 907-746-6019 to set up an appointment. Walk-ins are not accepted.